Wednesday 21 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

What Revlon says:

Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.




There has been a lot of talk about these online of late so when they launched on the Boots website in the UK I decided not to hold off and ordered a few, 4 to be precise. Revlon had a 2 for £10 deal which was too good to pass up. Here are the online swatches of the colours I chose:

Candy Apple, Tutti Fruity, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie


And here are my swatches:





The lip butters come in very cute, colourful and sturdy packaging. They look very similar to Revlon's lipsticks and each tube is coloured to match the product inside.



The names are displayed on the bottom, and the top of the package is clear to let you peek in and see the actual colour of the lip butter inside.





I really like the packaging, it feels like a quality product, looks good and makes it very easy to tell which tube is which colour wise which isn't always the case with multiple lipsticks from the same range.

The product inside is equally impressive, the lip butters are fairly highly pigmented but in a lovely sheer way, so while they give you a nice touch of colour to your lips they don't look too heavy and are definitely more of a tinted balm than a traditional lipstick.



Overall, I am really impressed so far, while I won't be giving up my regular lip balm totally, these are a much better alternative to lipstick for me as I prefer a lighter more sheer hint of colour than the opaque effect that lipstick gives. They seem to last pretty well, a good couple of hours. They probably wouldn't be ideal used alone on very dry lips as the colour does tend to pool on drier parts of the lip if you have any but over a little bit of regular lip balm they are pretty perfect for me coverage wise.

They're the sort of product I can see myself building up quite a collection of.

No comments:

Post a Comment