Tuesday 12 June 2012

My Kiko Obsession (& a little haul)



I discovered Kiko a few years back while visiting my parents house in Spain.  We found a Kiko store by accident as it was across from Sephora which we'd gone to visit at my insistence.  At the time the polish was on offer at €1,50 so I picked a few up to try them, along with some bits and bobs of make up.

It's now become a little ritual when I go to visit my parents that we always go to Kiko, I LOVE their polishes, in fact I would go so far as to say they are my favourite brand for nail colour.  At first we used to do a 2 hour round trip to a big shopping centre to satisfy my Kiko craving but more recently my dad has discovered a store just 20 minutes away from their house so it's not quite such an expedition.

Why do I love Kiko, and in particular their nail polishes, so much?  They have a fantastic formula and an amazing range of colours and the price is excellent for the quality.  When I initially started buying from Kiko the brand wasn't available in the UK and the prices were a good bit lower than they are now, despite the price hike I still love their polishes, especially when there is a new collection or special offer on. 

I always buy mine in Spain, although there is now a UK website which delivers and two stores in London, the main reason being I like to see the colours in person before buying and the price is the same in Euros as it is in Pounds, making it around 20% cheaper to buy in Spain.

This visit there was another offer on, each polish (including the new magnetic and crackle finishes) were just €2,50 so of course I had to stock up on the new summer collection colours and try out some of the crackles, here's what I got:



Kiko's cream finish polishes are my very favourite things, they apply so beautifully and have great colour pay off so I obviously had to make sure I chose a good few of them.  I also picked up 4 of the new crackle finishes which are excellent, far better than the China Glaze ones I have.  A random blue from the LE summer collection and a back up of the now discontinued glitter top coat.

The only downside?  I was travelling with just hand luggage so a lot of these beauties are still with my mum in Spain until I go back out in September.  I'll be posting pictures of the ones in I did bring back in future NOTD posts.  I also hope to post pictures of my whole Kiko army some time in the near future, I think I have around 75 now so it should make for a colourful post.

If you want to get your hands on some of these fantastic polishes then they are available on the Kiko website, not only are they on offer at £2.50, they are also on promotion 5 for the price of 4 at the moment so for just over the price of what two varnishes would cost you normally you can have 5!  I definitely recommend trying them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment