Saturday 7 July 2012

The Body Shop - Hemp Moisture High Balm

I discovered this product recently when I saw it in a little basket on offer beside the till.  It was reduced to £1 so I thought I would pick it up and see what it was like.  I had a vague recollection of reading good things about using it as a cuticle moisturiser and, truth be told, I was hoping it might have a bit of a 'hempy' smell about it.  It doesn't, but it is fantastic as a cuticle moisturiser. 

In reality it smells of very little and once it warms in your hands it creates a thick, oily emulsion which is lovely to rub into your nails and cuticles.  It's definitely no good as a hand cream though, it leaves a greasy residue so it's a product suited to being used last thing at night, before bed, or when you aren't planning on doing much until you've had the chance to wash your hands.

Having used it for a couple of weeks I thought I would pop back in and grab another tin while it was reduced.  When I went back to the store I asked the sales assistant who told me that they had sold out and more annoyingly it had been reduced because it was discontinued.

I decided to try another branch on the off chance they still had some and I got lucky...


The sales assistant there said that it would keep unopened for up to 3 years so at the bargain price of £1 a tin I couldn't help but stock up, another 5 tins came home with me (so overall that's 6 tins for the price of 1!).  The balm is great rubbed into cuticles to keep them neat and moisturised and it's also apparently really good on dry skin and eczema.

So, if you happen to be in The Body Shop any time soon and you're looking for a budget buy that will sort out dry cuticles then definitely pick one up, unfortunately one the balm in the sale is gone it won't be coming back so grab it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment