Thursday 5 July 2012

Sk:n Facial Exfoliating Cleanser (for Oily skin)


A friend of mine bought this exfoliator and had good things to say about it, she picked me up a couple of samples and from trying them I thought it seemed to suit my skin quite well, at the same time Boots had a 33% off sale on all Sk:n products so I bit the bullet and purchased a full size.

This cleanser is supposed to exfoliate the skin using Glycolic and Salicylic acid so although it doesn't feel grainy or like it is sloughing off dead skin in the way a lot of exfoliators do the chemicals in it should be doing the same job.



I am still in two minds about this product, although it does feel like it's doing something to my skin and seems to leave it feeling smoother and softer I often find that the day after I use it I get quite a few spots and break out rather badly.  While many products can cause you're skin to break out as they clear it up I am not so sure this one should be doing that. 

The cleanser shouldn't be used every day, in fact it's recommended to only use it 2 or 3 times a week due to the fairly harsh chemicals, which means I feel like I can't get into a good routine with it and carry on through any initial breakouts which appear, whatever face cleanser I use on the days in between seems to improve my skin and then this one breaks it out again.

It could be that my skin is just being particularly troublesome at the moment but the effect that the Sk:n cleanser has been having on my face means I am far more likely to reach for something else in the evenings when cleansing my face.

It wasn't a cheap product so I think I'll retire it for now and go back to it once my skin is in a more settled mood in the hope that the breakouts are coincidence and I can get along with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment