Tuesday 16 October 2012

Accessorize Sprinkles - Dragonfly & Bumble Bee

I was excited to try out these two new polishes after discovering them in my local Superdrug last week.  I couldn't decide which to try first so I decided to use both, one on each hand with an accent nail.  Here's how they looked:
 
 
Dragonfly is a green polish with lots of dark blue / navy glitter through it, in certain lights the glitter looks almost purple.  Bumble Bee is an orange polish with black glitter.
 
 
 
Both polishes applied well, these photos show 3 coats but they were pretty much opaque in two, I just did a third to get the glitter exactly how I wanted it.  I also did two layers of top coat to get a smooth finish as they do feel slightly bumpy on their own.
 
 
 
I'm not entirely sure the two polishes go together but I do love how they look on the nail, I think I would have preferred to just use one or the other than to mix the two though.
 
Bumble Bee is ideal for Halloween, I can't wait to do a themed manicure including it.
 
 
One downside of these polishes is removal, as with all glitter polishes they can be a total pain to get off, after trying to remove one finger with regular remove and cotton pads I gave in and went for the trusty tinfoil technique, I suggest you do the same!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. They're really interesting looking, I'm still not 100% sure I like them argh.. Great post!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the colourways of the Nails Inc ones I think. Putting the two together might not show them off to their best potential, it makes it a bit too busy, the coulours would probably look better on their own. I can't wait to wear them both on their own to get a better idea of each polish by itself..

      Delete
  2. Oh Lordy Lord, how gorgeous are they! I particular like the green one and MUST buy it! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn I'd commented on this but perhaps I am going dollally :) I love the green one too.

    ReplyDelete