Thursday 25 October 2012

W7 Candy Floss

I thought I would do a quick review of this product today as I absolutely love it and use it almost every day, it's such a firm favourite that I currently have a back up and another one on the way.
Candy Floss by W7 is touted online as a very reasonable dupe to Benefit's Dandelion, and I can't say that I disagree with that assessment.  It's has similar soft pink shimmer which makes your complexion look brighter on application and the similarities in the packaging and brush are hard to miss.
The major difference is definitely in the price, Dandelion sells for £22.50 whereas Candy Floss is available in a variety of places online for around £3, or even cheaper if you want to pay P&P on top, although they generally all work out at much the same price.

I love how this blush applies, it's soft and smooth to apply.  The brush is another nice surprise for such a budget cosmetic; it's super soft, feels nice on your face and doesn't shed hair everywhere, more than can be said for a lot of more expensive brushes!

Until recently I didn't wear blush at all except on very rare occasions but I've been trying to branch out a bit more and now use it most days.  Despite having quite a large selection to choose from I find it hard to go past Candy Floss when I'm doing my face in the morning. 

The colour you get from it is a soft, subtle pink - it's very hard to go overboard with this blush unless you are REALLY trowelling it on which is another selling point for me, too much blusher always makes me feel like a clown - it adds a gentle, natural flush to the cheeks along with a hint of shimmer. 

The shimmer is very subtle, more a soft glow than a full on disco ball.  It's perfect for chucking on to give yourself a naturally flushed glow without too much thought and the neutral pink shade goes with pretty much any make up look.

Candy Floss Swatch
Overall, I can't sing the praises of this product enough, it combines two of my favourite qualities; cheapness & effectiveness, so I find it hard not to love.
If your in the market for a versatile, good quality blush then I seriously suggest you check out this little beauty.

2 comments: