Thursday 18 October 2012

Yankee Christmas & Winter Tarts

It's probably a little too early for this post, but I have been enjoying burning my Yankee Christmas and winter scents so much that I wanted to post and let others know how many lovely scents there were this year.
 
I have 7 of the Festive scents so far, 4 from the Q4 release (Yankee do 4 releases each year compromising of 4 or 5 new fragrances, generally Q4 is the one with the Christmas and Winter scents in) and 3 additional Christmas scents I picked up from my local stockist when I saw they had them in.
 
First, the Q4 tarts:
None of these really scream Christmas to me but they are definitely winter themed.
 
Snow In Love:
Fall In Love with this delightful blend of creamy, comforting woods and wintry powder freshness.
 
Cranberry Ice:
Refreshingly tart and sweet, A cool, stimulating rush of frosty red fruits bursting with a tangy sweetness.
 
Sugared Apple:
A deliciously sweet apple treat ... a perfect recipe of juicy apples sprinkled with sugar and vanilla.
 
Apple & Pine Needle:
Popular pine gets a fruity twist as crisp apple notes are combined with pine needle, cypress and cedar wood.
 
Overall, I was really pleased with these tarts, I bought them online as a set and hadn't smelled any of them before they arrived which was rather risky but worked out well on this occasion.  They definitely smell like their descriptions and they're all perfectly suited to winter and colder weather. 
 
Snow in Love and Sugared Apple are both very warm, soft scents perfect for a snuggly evening on the sofa whereas Cranberry Ice is very zingy and fresh and perfect for perking you up on cold, dull days.  Apple and Pine Needle was the one I was most concerned about as I feel like pine can tend towards a toilet sort of smell if it's not done right but this one is done right, the apple really comes through and it's a fresh, clean scent which is really pleasant to burn.
 
There is also a fifth scent in the Q4 release, White Christmas, which I have yet to try.
 
Then the additional tarts I picked up which are definitely Christmas themed in their names and wrapping.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Christmas Eve:
Traditional holiday scents of a warm hearth, sugared plums, and candied fruits.
 
Happy Christmas:
Glad tidings of Christmas joy come wrapped in the happy scent of Christmas pines and festive fruits.

Christmas Cookie:
Buttery rich, vanilla scented, holiday sugar cookies.
 
I was quite surprised by Christmas Eve and Happy Christmas as they are both definite fresh, fruity scents which is not what I would immediatly link to Christmas, but that's a definite plus for me as I am not a big fan of many of the more spicy festive scents, I really dislike cinammon which means a lot of the usual festive tarts are off limits to me so it makes a lovely change to have fruity ones.
 
Christmas Cookie is an old favourite of mine, I have a candle too which I burn at the same time as my tarts in a different room so the scent wafts all through the flat.  I love it, it's sugary and warm and absolutely delicious, perfect for cold weather.  I'm tempted to stock up on a big batch of these to see me through until next Christmas!
 
Here's my sub-standard picture of my most recent festive haul.
 
 
I also want to try out Christmas Cupcake: An irresistible treat ... rich, moist vanilla cupcake covered with sweet buttery holiday icing.  I imagine it'll be similar to Christmas Cookie and probably the other cupcake scents Yankee have done in the past.
 
Have you started buying and burning your Christmas scents yet?  Which ones are your favourites?  Am I missing out on any you think I should try?
 

2 comments:

  1. My fiance's mum is MAD for yankee candles all christmas ones are her favorite, I'm quiet lucky really don't have to worry about what to get her! I'm defo going to invest in these tarts though they're so lovely!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are much stronger smelling than the candles in general, I find, with the added benefit that you can have a different scent every day if you like which I love becasue I can never make up my mid which I like best. :)

      Delete