Monday 26 November 2012

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Grapefruit

I was in a serious rush last night to change my nail polish so I decided to try something I hoped would be super fast and still look good.  Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine polishes were sold as one coaters which would leave you with a glossy gel like finish on your nails. 
 
So far I have only really used them for stamping (which they are incredible for!) so I was keen to see how they stood up as a regular polish.  I chose shade 8, Grapefruit which is a juicy pinky peachy coral shade.
 
 
 
The polish applied beautifully, but I was a little disappointed that even after 2 coats it didn't seem fully opaque to me, it did have a definite jelly look to it, as if the colour had been built up by lots and lots of sheer layers rather than just two almost opaque coats which I liked, it's a very juicy looking polish.
 
 
 
The polish is leaning quite coral in some of these shots, I would say in reality it is definitely a pink and in the right lights it can seem pretty bright, almost verging on neon.
 

 
While I'm not blown away by this colour as a stand alone shade I do like it; it was easy and smooth to apply, the colour is good and it does have a nice jelly type finish to it with good shine (although I still added topcoat so it's hard to tell what's that and what is the original polish finish). 
 
The major benefit of this polish is it's stamping ability and because of that it will definitely have a place in my collection for the foreseeable future.

4 comments:

  1. I got that too not tried it yet. It's looks lovely on you. What you reading?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a teen fiction book called Contact, it's the second in The Phoenix Files series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've failed stamping with this as my stamper is pink and I can't see the design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my XL stamper which has a white top, I had the same issue when I used a red polish to stamp and my Konad stamper!

      Delete