Sunday 4 November 2012

Current Skin Care Routine

I've never been lucky enough to have good skin, I have as many spots, blackheads and blemishes now as I did when I was a teen.  Over the years I've tried so many different spot treatments and face washes, masks, medicated toners and basically anything on the market which suggested it might help with breakouts.
 
I use a fair amount of scrubs and microdermabrasion type products too and I do probably use too many harsh treatments in an attempt to get rid of blemishes when they spring up, I've come to the conclusion that this might in fact be irritating my skin more and making it worse rather than better.
 
Recently I decided to try and calm my skin down a bit and instead of using lots of different products I wanted to try sticking to a very simple routine, using minimal products and not using anything which might irritate my skin too much in the hope that once it calmed down I could add back in the odd scrub or mask too.
 
Although my skin isn't 100% better I have noticed a bit of a difference so I thought I would do a quick post featuring the products that are actually seem to be working:
 
First off I have been using Liz Earle C&P in the LE rose & lavender version which I previously mentioned here.  I've had the original version before and I'm sure the effects I've seen would have been the same using the original version.  I just apply the cleanser all over my face, rub in and then remove with a damp muslin cloth.
 To get rid of stubborn eye make up and as a secondary cleanser and toner I have been using the Micelar Water I got in Spain, you can find a review of this product here.   The more I use this product the more I like it, it's definitely a grower.  Although this particular one might be hard to track down there are countless other, similar, micellar waters on the market if you want to try one.
 
 
 
As a treatment I have been using Origins Super Spot Remover and I'm really pleased with the results, it seems to stop spots in their tracks and dry them up super fast.  It's expensive, £11 for a tiny bottle, but you only use a really small amount for each application so to me it's totally worth the money and I will definitely re-purchase, I got this bottle as a gift from a friend but I won't hesitate to replace it when it runs out.
 
 
Finally, for moisturising I have been using Therapist's Secret Facial Oil by Sanctuary.  I only really use this at night as I wear BB cream during the day and find it slips off if I use an additional moisturiser under it, but for evening use this is perfect, it smells divine and really moisturises my skin without leaving it feeling heavy or greasy as you might expect with an oil.
 
Obviously, skin care is a very personal thing, everyone's skin will react differently to different products and will require different things, for me this combination is really working though, it's gentle enough to give my skin a break and help it to heal as well as it can but effective enough to keep my skin clean and treat the blemishes when they do arise.

What are your current skin care heroes?

No comments:

Post a Comment