Friday 2 November 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Romantic

I already have a couple of these Balm Stains, which I blogged about previously, I really like the ones I have so I decided to add Romantic to my collection, it's a bright red shade, something I love wearing but am always a little wary of, it seems to be so hard to get just the right shade that not only looks good but also lasts. 
 
The formula of this balm stain is smooth and creamy and all of the colours I've tried in this range go on beautifully.  They have a nice glossy texture which isn't at all drying on the lips, of all the lip products I have I like the colour pay off and moisturising properties of these ones best. 
 
 
They're also great because they are so easy to carry around and apply, you don't even need a sharpener, simply twist them up when they start to wear down.
 
 
What I particularly love about this shade is that unlike a lot of bolder red stains it wear off beautifully, you aren't left with that horrid 80s lip liner line effect around the edges of your lips while the middle of your lips look bare.  The wear is even and easy to top up later on if you wish.
 
 
For me this is the perfect way to create bold red lips in a buildable way, one coat gives a flush of colour but going over your lips again allows you to build up the look into a bright, vivid red shade, perfect for a night out or when you really want to make a statement with your lip colour.
 
Have you tried any of the Just Bitten Balm Stains?  What do you think?

2 comments: