Monday 17 December 2012

Candy Canes!

Another Christmas manicure, and this one is probably not anything new, there have been versions of it all over the web lately.  I decided to make mine slightly different by accenting the regular candy cane nails with a little stamp.  I also cheated a bit and stamped my stripes using a Bundle Monster plate as my free hand stripes would have been a disaster:

 
First off, a festive shot with the tree:
 

I used the same combo of Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Blood Orange and Models Own Scarlet Sparkle that I used last week to create the red base, this works amazingly well and you only need one coat of each to get a really bright sparkly finish.


For the white stripes and stamping I used the polish from a cheap nail art striper that I got in Spain, no idea of the brand, sorry!


I love how this turned out, especially when you catch it at certain angles under bright light and the glitter really pops through the matte white stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment