Sunday 30 December 2012

Unseasonal Stamping

Here is one of the least seasonal posts you'll see on here this month, I've had it saved in my drafts for ages and while I'm scheduling some posts over the Christmas holidays I thought I'd squeeze it in.

For this manicure I used Kiko 355 as a base with Jade Jump & Blue-Away by Sally Hansen for the stamping.  355 is a bold yellow shade, perfect for summer, why I decided I had to wear in in the middle of November I'm not sure, the stamping was also in two pale summery shades, a minty green and a sky blue.  I chose these two as I wanted to see how well they stamped.


I used this chevron style image from Cheeky plate CH8 with Jade Jump on one side and Blue-Away on the other.


This stamping didn't quite turn out how I wanted, I was hoping the colours would look a bit more different to each other than they did in the end.  I also managed to bash a couple of nails before they were fully dry so they look a little beat up.



Overall I am not really too happy with how this manicure turned out, I do love the shape of the stamp though and both Sally Hansen polishes stamped really well so it wasn't a total waste of time, I'll be quite happy to take it off though!

1 comment: