Sunday 10 March 2013

Guest Post by Nuthin but a nail thing

Lovely Lyndsay asked me to do a guest post on her blog this weekend, as unfortunately actual real life is getting in the way of painting her nails this weekend (this makes me sad!), so I am thrilled to say HELLO! from over at nuthin' but a nail thing and do a little post for her.

Firstly, Lyndsay is totally and utterly to blame for my sad bank account and my nail polish addiction.  She is always pointing me in the direction of new things, and enabling me (yes, I think you really do need that, etc).  Also, I believe I have found my hand twin, as quite often I look and think that Lyndsay's hands are my hands, and that I don't remember having that particular polish.

This hand is your hand! This hand is my hand! Oh wait, that’s your hand! No wait, it’s my hand!
 
At the moment, we have our nails different lengths, mainly to stop people from being so shocked and panicked at our HAND TWINLINESS. Anyway, onto the actual post.  I wanted to show you a really simple idea for jazzing up your manicure, that doesn't involve loads of time, a particularly steady hand.  This is just a base colour, stickers and diamantes.

Barry M Blue Plum

I'm a massive fan of Barry M's Gelly polishes, and whilst I haven't got all of the original collection, I have been working my way through picking them up when other colours I've got that were similar have gone the way of the gloop.  This is Blue Plum, which I swatched a while ago.  This is pretty much opaque in one coat, but I can't bear the thought of only putting ONE COAT of polish on my nails, so this is two coats. I then got some stickers that I had bought from eBay, and put these on my tips, and then top coat, plus some diamantes in a lighter blue colour.  Really quick nail art, without much fuss.

Barry M Blue Plum

Barry M Blue Plum

Barry M Blue Plum

Barry M Blue Plum

Barry M Blue Plum


Anyway, thank you Lyndsay for letting me do a little guest post for you!  Goodbye from me and enjoy your weekend! Claire x

1 comment: