Monday 8 April 2013

Kiko Sugar Mat - 639 - Golden Mandarin

This is the first polish I have tried from my most recent delivery from Spain; 639 Golden Mandarin.  It was the first of the new Sugar Mat collection that I saw swatched online and I knew I had to have a bottle for myself.
 
 
Golden Mandarin is an orange-y peach shade with bright yellow gold glitter scattered through it, and of course it has the rough sandy textured finish that all the Sugar Mat polishes have.

 
I really like the colour but what surprises me more is how much I love the textured finish, normally I love my nails to be as super smooth and glossy as possible but I actually really enjoyed having them this more matte rough finish.

 
The polish applied beautifully, these pictures are 3 coats but 2 would be more than adequate, and it lasted really well too, I never tend to get as long out of matte finish polishes but the Sugar Mat lasted really well, it was still going strong when I took it off after 3 full days.  It also dried super fast when applying which was nice.

 
The shimmer / glitter through this polish makes it a little more unique than all the other suede / textured / matte polishes which are out at the moment.  I can't wait to try out the other shade I chose from this collection.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! ARGH, I think I need these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to complete the collection now, shock horror. ;)

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty colour. I'm not usually a big fan of these texture polishes but these look like some of the nicer ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan either but the shimmery effect Sugar Mat ones are really changing my mind, they're quite different to all the other textured polishes I have tried.

      Delete