Thursday 11 April 2013

Nails Inc Feather Effects Edinburgh

You may remember from this recent post my delight in finding a much cheaper dupe of the Nails Inc Feather Effect Collection in Superdrug.  However I mentioned in that post that there was no version of Edinburgh Feathers, so, when I saw it in Boots the other day while I was in there deciding what to spend my Advantage Card points on I knew what I had to do...


Nails Inc retails at £11 a bottle, so not the cheapest of polishes but with my points, and my OCD about having complete collections in my stash, I decided it was worth splashing out.


Edinburgh is a clear based polish chock full of peach and baby blue glitter.


Obviously I wanted to try it out as soon as possible so here it is over Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Lychee, in hindsight I'm not sure that's the best base for this polish as it doesn't really show up the 'feathers' too well.


My initial reaction is that the formula in the Nails Inc Feathers is not as thickly packed with glitter as the much cheaper In Vogue polishes are, these pictures are two coats and as you can see there is still a fair bit of base colour showing through.


I need to try this polish over a different coloured base and see if it appeals more to me then, so far I am very glad that I only bought one of the Nails Inc version and stuck with the In Vogue dupes for the rest as they seem like the superior polish.  I do like the baby blue and peach colour combination though so hopefully with a different base I'll grow to like this polish as much as I like it's much cheaper copy cat cousins.




No comments:

Post a Comment