Thursday 25 April 2013

Yankee Candles Q2 2013

Recently I decided to try out the new Q2 fragrances from Yankee Candles.  This quarter there are 4 news scents; Fireside, Summer Scoop, Honey Blossom and Pineapple Cilantro.
 
I was pretty excited when I read about the new fragrances, particularly as Pineapple Cilantro was one of the scents I had my partner's mum send over from America at Christmas and was previously unavailable in the UK.  Fireside also appealed as I was hoping for a warm, toasted marshmallow sort of scent.

My photos are only of 3 of the 3 fragrances as there seems to be a bit of a stock issue with the Pineapple Cilantro tarts at the moment.


First up, Fireside, I am SO disappointed with this scent. :( It's the weakest of any Yankee tarts I have ever tried and unless you hang your head directly over the burner when it's lit there is practically no fragrance at all.  Even then there is only a vague hint at sweet marshmallow. 

Yankee says: The joys of camp ... mesmerised by the fire, singing and laughing, while toasting marshmallow to rich, gooey perfection.
Now, I've never been to 'camp' but I'm pretty sure it doesn't smell of the nothingness that the Fireside tart did, such a disappointment, especially since I imagined this being one of my favourites of the collection.

Next is Summer Scoop; Delicious memories of creamy, homemade strawberry ice cream on a hot summer day. One scoop or two?  It's pretty much as described, sweet, sugary strawberry with a hint of creaminess about it.  Probably not everyone's cup of tea as it is SWEET but I quite like it.  It's definitely a fake strawberry scent rather than that of a fresh strawberry.

Honey Blossom: The beautiful blend of flower nectar, honey musk, freesia and woods makes this both full and delicate.  This tart was the surprise of the collection for me, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do.  I'm not always a huge floral fan when it comes to tart fragrances but this one is tempered with a sugary sweet honey note which makes it a bit different.  I'm surprised by how much I like this summery floral.


Finally, Pineapple Cilantro; A tropical treat ... fresh, island pineapple served with a citrus touch of cilantro and sweet coconut.  As I mentioned I am basing this on the tart I had sent over from the US as Glasgow seems to have been missed off of Yankee's tart delivery list for this fragrance so far. 

I really like this scent, it's bright and fresh and very obviously pineapple,  don't get much of the cilantro (which is maybe just as well, I'm not a massive fan) but the sweet pineapple is lovely and this is a great juicy, fruity summer scent which I will definitely be buying more of when they eventually turn up.

Have you tried any of the new Yankee Q2 fragrance yet?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment