Friday 17 May 2013

China Glaze Galactic Grey & YCC 114

I decided to do a holographic manicure today with a holographic accent nail.  For the main manicure I used China Glaze Galactic Grey from the Hologlam collection and then I added an accent nail of YCC 114 on my ring finger.


The lovely Claire from Nuthin but a nail thing sent me my YCC polish but you can buy it at Millennium Nails should you wish to.


Look at the holographic glittery goodness!  This polish is so sparkly and holographic and it's packed with glitter.


The downside is that I really struggled to get this polish to dry, I did two coats and then top coat and they were not for drying at all, although the top layer set underneath the polish was still super squidgy and moving about. 

So I added a coat of Seche Vite and sat very still for about half an hour... still squidgy underneath but solid on top now, so I gave up and carried on with my day which could explain why the edges of the glitter accent nail looked a little bashed, or it could be the horrible shrinkage I always get with Seche Vite, who knows, either way it's not exactly perfect.


I love the effect this glitter gives but the drying time was awful, I'd love to use it for a full manicure but I'm not sure I have the patience to wait for it to dry!

Have you used any YCC polishes, how do you find them for drying time?

No comments:

Post a Comment