Thursday 16 May 2013

Kiko 339 & Maybelline Polka Dots in Chalk Dust

When I posted about the Polka Dot collection the other day I mentioned I wanted to try Chalk Dust over other colours, well, here's my first attempt!  This is over a base of Kiko 339 which is a gorgeous pale blue cream colour.  These pictures are 2 coats of Kiko and one of Chalk Dust.
 
 
I'm pleased with how this turned out although it wasn't exact what I was expecting, I thought it would look like Robin eggs but instead it looks more like a sort of paint splatter effect in real life.
 
I decided to try using a matte top coat to see if that made them more egg like.  It didn't! :)

 
I still love how it turned out though, for one coat of Chalk Dust you get an amazing amount of glitter on each nail and you don't even need to splodge it around like you do with some glitters it just applies beautifully, and evenly, right out of the bottle.

 
I'm really impressed with this polish and I can see it getting quite a bit of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment