Wednesday 15 May 2013

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eyeliner in Desperation

I posted about the new Urban Decay colours the other day and I couldn't resist popping into Debenhams to pick one up.  I chose Desperation, a matte grey sort of shade.
 
 
It's described on the Urban Decay site as a deep taupe / grey matte in a satin finish (satin is apparently almost matte, a hint of sheen, no glitter) and I would say that's pretty spot on, although I'd just call it a plain old matte if it were me. :)
 
There's not much to say about this pencil that hasn't already been posted a million times over in online reviews, including my own, it really does glide on and the staying power is fantastic, there's a reason why these pencils are so popular, and not just with me.
 
 
You can see the satin finish they talk about in this swatch photo, it isn't totally matte when applied, although I think it appears more matte than that when you wear it just as a liner rather than in a large swatch like the one above, as you can see below.

 
Desperation is a great every day neutral, a bit more interesting than a plain grey and quite different to a brown which is often the stand by neutral shade for eyeliners.  I've been getting loads of wear out of it since I picked it up.

 
One more freaky eye picture for good luck...
 
 
I can see me getting loads of wear from this colour, it's great for work and is still dark enough that with different shadow it would make a great smoky eye for a night out.  Have you tried out any of the new colours from Urban Decay yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment