Tuesday 18 June 2013

Tequila Sunrise Nails

That's what these nails remind me of, a tequila sunrise cocktail.  I used two of the new Gelly Hi Shines from Barry M, Mango and Passion Fruit, over yesterday's Kiko 359 to create this peach through red subtle ombre effect.  I sponged on the two darker colours.
 
Unfortunately it doesn't show up nearly as well in photographs as it did in person, probably due to it being a fairly subtle gradient.  There was a little bit of colour drag when I added the top coat but it barely showed in person, sadly it's fairly obvious in the photos though
 
 
I think the colours work well together, in person they really did seem to flow into one another.  That's the one annoying thing about using macro shots for the blog pictures, it's hard to get an idea of what the nails look like in context of a whole body or from a distance.

 
The new Gellys sponged really nicely so I think I might have a go with some other colour combinations from the range soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment