Thursday 25 July 2013

Skinfood - Good Afternoon Peach Green Tea BB Cream

I have the first of 3 of Skinfood's Good Afternoon BB Creams which I've ordered recently to show you today, this one is peach and green tea, here's what it says on the box about the cream:
 
Good Afternoon Peach Green Tea BB SPF20 PA+ [Sunscreen Effect]
Peach Green Teach
(Oil Controling & Mattifying BB Cream)
A long lasting BB cream that helps maintain bright morning skin throughout the day without darkening or smudging.
An oil-controlling and skin-mattifyng BB cream that keeps the skin fresh and matte with vitamin enriched peach extract and sebum-regulating green tea.
 
The tube is 30ml in size so not a huge amount but as you don't tend to use too much at a time a decent amount which should last a while, the majority of BB creams on the market tend to be 30-50ml sizes.  The packaging is very pretty and feels quite expensive and luxurious.
 
 
The tube comes inside a cute brown card box with a tea cup shaped cut out in it.
 
 
The BB cream itself is a nice consistency, it feels light when applied and very smooth and it was easy to blend into my skin, it gave what I would term medium coverage so similar to the other Asian market BB creams I have tried.

 
This tube is shade 1, the lighter of the two available, and what I tend to wear most of the year when I have no tan to speak of, on my hand I initially thought it looked rather pale, on my face it didn't seem quite so pale although I think it will be more suited my my normal skin tone.  The recent good weather means I have quite a bit of colour on my face at the moment meaning shade 1 was a tiny bit on the pale side for my current skin tone but should be perfect for autumn and winter.

 
But once it was blended in it disappeared and melted into the skin on my hand and well and looked lovely and natural, giving enough coverage to smooth out most imperfections without looking like I was wearing heavy make up.  As for the oil control and mattifying properties I didn't see any spectacular results, initially it did look quite matte and there was no shine but after a few hours I could see a little shine around my t-zone.  So while it definitely doesn't fall into the greasy or oily category it doesn't score full marks for keeping my face shine free (I have yet to find a BB cream which does so that's not necessarily a very bad point)
 
 
The cream has a light, fresh, fruity smell.  I'm not sure I would immediately say it smelt of either peach or green tea but it does smell pleasant and fresh when applying
 
So, initial thoughts on this product are that I like it; it applies well, smells good, have nice even coverage and while it doesn't eliminate shine totally it doesn't leave my skin looking or feeling greasy and it lasts well, another to add to my list of favourable Asian market BB creams.

 Shade comparison with Shade 2 in THIS POST.


No comments:

Post a Comment