Sunday 7 July 2013

Yankee Candles New Q3 Fragrances 2013

 
It's that time again, new quarterly fragrance releases from Yankee Candles.  I have to say I wasn't blown away by the selection this time but I was very keen on trying Salted Caramel and I wanted to give the others a go and see what they were like so I picked up a wax tart of each scent.
 
 
 
First up, what Yankee have to say about them:
 
November Rain
 A quiet interlude of the season is reflected in this airy, refreshing mix of watery leaf notes, warm amber and crisp, brisk air.
 
Lake Sunset
 The serene beauty of the sun's golden rays as they dip into still blue waters, calling to mind the musky descent of nightfall.
 
Vanilla Chai
 It's the perfect accompaniment to me time, a superbly satisfyingly rich and spicy recipe of ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
 
Salted Caramel
 Sweet surrender is your with our luscious gourmand confection of burnt sugar, sea salt, and smooth vanilla caramel.
 
As predicted I LOVE Salted Caramel, it's rich and sweet and perfectly caramel-ly scented, no great surprise that I love it since the majority of my favourite Yankee scents are the super sweet gourmand ones like Christmas Cupcake and Red Velvet.
 
November Rain is ok, I think it's unlikely I would repurchase it, there are definite hints of air freshener about it to me and I don't think it's the sort of scent I want my home filled with although it isn't unpleasant.  Lake Sunset is nice enough and could grow on me but so far it's a bit lack lustre and not really blowing me away, it's another fresh scent which isn't bad but also isn't anything special.
 
Vanilla Chai was the one I was most curious about, I love ginger and I love vanilla but I really dislike cinnamon, I've never bought any of the Yankee fragrances that include cinnamon, this time I decided to give it a go hoping the ginger and vanilla might drown it out.  Sadly for me they don't, unlit I can smell the vanilla (and cloves and cardamon) but once it was lit this one was all cinnamon to my nose and very strong cinnamon at that.  It does have an amazing fragrance throw though, so if you like cinnamon then this is one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment