Sunday 25 August 2013

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Velvety Toner

Today's post is about the third, and final, L'Oreal product I've purchased recently.  I've already posted about the cleansing oil and the micellar water and today I have the Velvety Toner!  You can see it on L'Oreal's site HERE. 
 
I didn't really need a new toner but the range was all on special offer and the idea of a velvety toner appealed so I decided to pick it up, here's what L'Oreal have to day about it:
 
L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection Velvety Toner, specifically formulated for sensitive skin.The toner, infused with softening actives, removes impurities and leaves the skin toned, silky smooth. No dryness or discomfort. Hypo-allergenic. No Alcohol. Dermatologically tested.

 
First up, I LOVE the scent of this product, to me it smells sort of apple-y although it may not be apple scented on purpose, whatever it smells of is delicious which is something I really rate in skin care products, I can't be bothered with unscented things, I want skin care to smell lovely and pleasant and make me want to smear it all over my face and this product definitely does!
 
The toner applies nicely and has a definitely silky feel to it as you glide it on to your skin, it almost feels like it has some sort of moisturisers included in it which slide all over you face as you apply it.

 
It left my skin feeling nice; soft and clean and there was a hint of the velvety finish that the name suggests.  I'm not totally sure how I feel about the toner yet, although I am enjoying using it and it isn't doing anything bad to my skin I'm not sure if it feels astringent enough for me. 
 
I like my toners to feel quite zingy and fresh as if they are taking off the very last of my make up and whatever product I used to clean my face and leaving it a totally blank canvas.  This toner definitely feels like you're left with something on your skin, I would imagine for sensitive skin it's great as it does leave you feeling like you have a protective layer on your face.
 
Overall I'm happy to keep using it, not least because I LOVE how it smells but I'm not sure it would be a repurchase for me as I prefer my toners to feel a little more refreshing and clearing than this one does but it seems like it would be a great product for dry or sensitive skin,


No comments:

Post a Comment