Sunday 1 September 2013

Crochet Cotton

While I was in Spain I took the opportunity to pick up some crochet cotton (also from a China Bazaar, the shop of wonder where I got my nail polish, they really do sell everything) so that I could have a go at some more delicate crochet work.  Something like this...
 
 
I don't hold out a huge amount of hope for my first effort looking like that though.  I chose two different types, one plain white in size 5 and one variegated turquoise in size 8.  I have no idea what the sizes mean or if I have chosen the right size for the sort of thing I want to make.

 
I decided to wing it and hope for the best, at 2 euros each they weren't exactly a huge outlay.

 
As always my (not so) tiny blog model had to get in on the act of photographing the goods.

 
Hopefully I'll be back soon with an update of what I have made, or tried to make, with these new yarns. *fingers crossed*
 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your mat challenge - I'd love a copy of the pattern,(cheeky question!) :)

    Going to pin this on my Crochet Pinterest Board

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a pattern for that exact one, I am still hunting, hopefully I will find one very similar though and if I do I'll post the pattern.

      Delete