Friday 25 October 2013

Rainbow Ripple Yarn Haul

Since winter is properly drawing in I thought I should have a nice big blanket project on the go to cosy up under when I'm sitting on the sofa watching TV of an evening.  I really liked the way my small ripple blanket turned out so I decided to use the same pattern and this time go for a slightly larger sized blanket.  I'm aiming for around single bed sized when it's done and this time I wanted to do a proper rainbow sort of colourway.
 
Time to order some yarn...
 
 
I went for more Stylecraft Special DK, 17 colours for the main body of the blanket and two greys which may or may not end up as a border, I'm not totally decided on that yet.
 
Here are the colour swatches and names to show you exactly what yarn I chose:

 
I ordered from Wool Warehouse again, I really love this website, they have a great selection of wool and yarn and their prices are very reasonable.  They also have free P&P if you spend over £25 and unlike some free P&P deals it still arrives really fast.  I've never waited more than about 36 hours from ordering to having the yarn in my hands, brilliant service.
 
I've completed the first few rows so stand by for another post with some pictures of the beginning of my rainbow coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment