Thursday 17 October 2013

Superdrug Simply Pure Aqua Hydrating Range

Recently I've been feeling like my skin is a bit out of sorts, it seems to be really dry and lacking in moisture so I took to the internet to see what sort of thing I should be picking up in the way of a moisturiser to try and sort it out.  One of my friends pointed me in the direction of a Sali Hughes article about dehydrated skin and to my surprise it described my current issues pretty much  exactly!
"Dehydrated skin can be tight, flaky and sore; it isn't lacking in oil, though, as dry skin is, but in water... If you have lots of very fine, almost crepey lines (as opposed to deep wrinkles), and you're prone to a dull complexion that's temporarily plumped, pink and healthy-looking when you emerge from the shower, and you break out when you treat your skin with rich, dry-skin moisturiser, then you probably have dehydrated skin."
 
So I decided to have a hunt for something specifically for dehydrated skin rather than a product which might be too oily and heavy for my skin.  The same friend suggested I try out a new range from Superdrug which is specially for dehydrated skin.

 
Lucky for me it was on a 'better than half price' offer so I managed to pick up the whole range; day cream, night cream, serum and eye gel, for under  £10 (£9.12 to be exact) which I think is a pretty good price for trying out a whole range of products.
 
So far I have only been using them for a few days but I can see a difference already.  I'm applying the serum and day cream in the morning and then mixing the night cream with some Trilogy Rosehip oil at night for a more intense moisturise and it seems to be paying off.
 
My skin is far from perfect but it definitely feels plumper and less sore after just a few days of use so I have fairly high hopes for my budget solution.  The creams are both lovely to apply and sink in quickly, neither them nor the serum feel greasy or too heavy and they all leave my skin feeling moistusised and much less stretched and sore.
 
My one negative is that the range is unscented, which I hate in a face product, I like to smell herbs and botanicals and suchlike as I apply my face products and I do miss that with this range but if it's working then it's a small price to pay!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment