Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Nail Fail

On two counts, firstly I obviously didn't manage to post every second day since saying I would and secondly now that I am posting it's to show you some rather poor stamping, double Christmas Nail Fail, oh dear.  In my defence I have been SO busy organising for the big day.
 
I decided I wanted plain white nails with a little shimmer so I used Barry M white and then a top coat of Kiko 205 from their French Manicure range which is a milky sheer polish with very fine gold glitter through it, ideal for a sparkly shimmery base.
 
On top of that I decided to stamp some holly, which is where things started to go wrong...
 
 
I used Barry M Watermelon and Blood Orange for the stamping, I filled the outline in with a nail art brush.  My first annoyance is the placement of the holly, it just didn't look right.  The second annoyance is the smeared colour, caused by me stamping once then trying to wipe it off so I could have another go - not my finest moment.

 
I like the idea of these nails but in reality they just didn't turn out how I had hoped, if I hadn't been so busy I would have tried again but time is short at the moment so I left them and now I'm showing them to you lot, rather than skip another blog post!
 

1 comment:

  1. They don't look that bad! A little smearing does not equal a nail fail, in my opinion! The colors work nicely together and I like the watercolor effect of your fill-ins.

    ReplyDelete