Friday 4 April 2014

Nailtiques Nail Protein

My nails are not in the best state at the moment, as well as being constantly stained they are also soft and peeling which is something I've never, ever had an issue with in the past.  Generally I can grow my nails to a pretty decent length without having to think about it or do anything special but recently that's not been the case so I decided to take action!

 
My action came in the form of Nailtiques:
 
Nailtiques Nail Protein
Formula 2 - Treatment for Soft, Peeling, Bitten, Weak or Thin Nails Nailtiques Nail Protein formulas were created to treat different nail conditions. The salon-tested formulations offer special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formulas bond the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting.
 
So hopefully this should sort them out!  Application wise the instructions say to apply daily to begin with and say you can use coloured polish at the same time, but they also say to keep adding a layer each day and then remove at the end of the week so I was unsure how the formula would get through the colour and work properly, hence my naked nails.

 
I've been applying a coat a day for the last few days so I'm hoping that it's seeping in and making my nails nice and strong.

 
It would probably be a good idea to keep my nails bare and just use the treatment for a good few weeks but I have some new polish I am really keen to try out so I don't think I will last too much longer without trying them on, maybe after that I'll go back to bare for another week...

 
I'll post an update once I have been using the product longer and let you all know how (or if) it changes the current condition of my nails, fingers crossed!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this, use it every spring to get my nails back into tip top condition. It comes out at the first sight of a peel. Hope you get good results with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! So far so good but we'll see how they fair when they get a little longer, that tends to be when they start peeling.

      Delete