Friday 12 April 2013

Revlon Lip Butters - Part 3

You can see my previous posts on Revlon's Lip Butters, Part 1 - Candy Apple, Tutti Fruity, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie and Part 2 - Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, Sweet Tart if you click on the links.  Today's post features 4 of the new shades released for Spring 2013.  Wild Watermelon, Sorbet, Pink Lemonade and Juicy Papaya.

 
There are a couple more shades which I didn't pick up (Brown Sugar, Red Velvet and Sugar Plum) so there's now a pretty comprehensive selection of colours to choose from.

 
The shades I chose cover quite a range of colours.
 
Wild Watermelon - very bright pink toned red
Sorbet - bright fuchsia pink
Pink Lemonade - pale pinkish nude
Juicy Papaya - light peachy coral.

 
As with all the Lip Butters they apply smoothly and in varying depth of colour; Wild Watermelon and Sorbet are bright and quickly build up to an almost opaque coverage whereas Pink Lemonade and Juicy Papaya are softer more sheer shade, and I dare say a little more wearable for everyday.

 
I've include some swatches of the Lip Butters on my arm to give you an idea of the colours, these are two light swipes of each colour:

 
My favourites from my picks have to be Juicy Papaya, which is a wonderful, natural peach shade totally perfect for every day wear and possibly my current favourite lip colour, and to my surprise Pink Lemonade, initially I thought it might be too light for my skin tone but in fact it's really pretty on the lips - a soft subtle pink sheen which I really like and is quite on trend at the moment.
 
I like the fact that Revlon's Lip Butters give a nice pop of colour without the full look of a regular lipstick and these new colours are a nice addition to my collection.
 
Have you tried any of the new shades?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment